His Excellency President Anthony Thomas Aquinas Carmona ORTT, SC, appointed five (5) government senators to various ministerial portfolios on February 2, 2015.
The appointments are as follows:
- Mr Garvin Nicholas – Attorney General;
- Brigadier Carl Alfonso – Minister of National Security;
- Ms Christine Newallo-Hosein – Minister of the People and Social Development;
- Mr Brent Sancho – Minister of Sport; and
- Mr Kwasi Mutema – Minister in the Ministry of Works.
The Honourable Prime Minister Mrs Kamla Persad-Bissessar and other Government Ministers were present to witness the ceremony.
The other ministers were:
- The Honourable Errol Mc Leod – Minister of Labour;
- The Honourable Ganga Singh – Minister of Environment and Water Resources, Senator;
- The Honourable Prakash Ramadhar – Minister of Justice;
- Senator The Honourable Vasant Bharath – Minister of Trade, Industry, Investment and Communications/ Minister of State in the Ministry of Finance and the Economy;
- Dr The Honourable Roodal Moonilal – Minister of Housing and Urban Development:
Also present were family members of the appointees.Share